The options for improving your bikini bod this summer now include banishing those unwanted tattoos. True, they may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but now laser
The options for improving your bikini bod this summer now include banishing those unwanted tattoos. True, they may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but now laser tattoo removal may be a better one.
You can leave the past behind with laser tattoo removal from Aesthetica, the premier medical spa for Salt Lake City and Utah County residents. This simple outpatient process uses light energy to break down tattoo ink; the body is then able to remove the ink through natural processes.
Part of successful laser tattoo removal treatment includes proper aftercare. In order to achieve the best results from your laser tattoo removal, follow the aftercare tips below.
Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare Tips
- Treatment is your friend – Keep the area clean and dry while it is healing. Clean the area gently with soap and water and pat it dry. Apply over-the-counter antibiotic ointment up to three times a day for at least three days while the area is healing. Keep the laser tattoo removal area covered with a sterile dressing for three days after laser tattoo removal treatment.
- Blisters aren’t a bad thing – Blisters are common and develop within eight hours of your laser tattoo removal treatment. Blisters are a natural response from your immune system indicating that it is beginning to remove the ink and your skin is trying to heal.
- Use a cool compress – Applying cool compresses as necessary for 24 hours after the laser tattoo removal treatment can relieve any discomfort or inflammation that results from laser tattoo removal. Take plain Tylenol if needed, but avoid aspirin.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen – You may be tempted to show off the progress of your laser tattoo removal in the Salt Lake City summer sun. But, before you do, cover the treated area with a sun block with an SPF of 25 or higher for three months after each laser tattoo removal treatment.
- Beware of creams and makeup – Do not wear makeup, cream, or medication on or near the treated area for 48 hours after the laser tattoo removal session.
- Shower? Yes. Bath? Not so much. – Feel free to shower two hours after laser tattoo removal treatment, but avoid high-pressure water hitting the treated area. To reduce the risk of infection baths, hot tubs, swimming pools, or any type of soaking are not recommended until all blistering and scabbing are completely healed.
Learn more about laser tattoo removal for Salt Lake City and Utah County with a no-obligation consultation. Call Aesthetica Medical Spa at 801-899-0030 today to schedule yours today!