Wrinkles may be a natural part of aging, but many of us are interested in putting on the brakes and slowing the process.There are many ways to fight wrinkles, but
Wrinkles may be a natural part of aging, but many of us are interested in putting on the brakes and slowing the process.There are many ways to fight wrinkles, but five of the best ways to keep wrinkles at bay are:
- Getting enough sleep
- Proper skin care
- Investing in your appearance via injectables and dermal fillers
You are what you eat.If you will eat nutrient and antioxidant rich foods, it can help your body keep your skin looking radiant.Nourish yourself and your skin with foods rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E. According to Canadian Living, the top 5 foods are:
- Blueberries: Blueberries are high in vitamin C and can help strengthen collagen formation, thereby reducing the signs of aging.
- Omega-3 Eggs: Omega-3 essential fat helps prevent and reverse heart disease, reduce inflammatory response, nourish dry skin and hair and repair brittle nails.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain lycopene. Lycopene has been shown to reduce skin cell damage.
- Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of the fat-soluble vitamin, Vitamin E has been shown to prevent cell damage from free radicals.
- Fish Oils: Cold-water fish, such as salmon andtuna, is an excellent source omega-3 oils necessary for beautiful-looking skin.
You can fight wrinkles by making sure your system is properly hydrated.Water both plumps and moisturizes your skin. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day.Also, consider minimizing dehydrating drinks such as alcohol and coffee. Staying hydrated can help bring back your skin’s elasticity.
Getting Enough Sleep
Did you know that your skin is your body’s biggest organ? When you sleep, your body gets the chance to rest and rejuvenate itself and its organs.You know what your skin looks like after a few too many nights without good rest.Do your best to get between 6 and 8 hours of sleep every night.
Proper Skin Care
Dehydrated, sun damaged skin is prone to wrinkling.Proper skin care and quality skin care products can help keep your skin glowing.Remember, there is skin care for both day and night.During the day, use sunscreen! One of the biggest causes of premature aging of the skin is sun exposure.Opt for a sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30. If you can, wear a hat to further protect your face from harmful rays. At night, using a retinol cream can help you treat and soften existing wrinkles.
Invest in Yourself Via Injectables and Dermal Fillers
You may be combating wrinkles that are just part of your genetics such as that furrow in your brow from Dad or those lines across your forehead like your Mother.Wrinkles such as these can be smoothed away with injectables such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin and dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Radiesse.Persistent and stubborn facial wrinkles can be smoothed away in as little as 7 days after a treatment.
Many of us know someone who uses injectables or dermal fillers, but aren’t sure if those treatments will work for us.Aesthetica invites you to contact us for a free skin care consultation.Our Aesthetician’s can counsel you on skin care products and potential injectables and dermal filler solutions that will help you achieve the look you want to achieve.
Whatever you choose to do to fight wrinkles, the best advice is to start today.Get in one more hour of sleep, drink a couple more glasses of water, eat a handful of blueberries or visit us at Aesthetica Medical Spa for your professional, personalized skin care plan.